5 Christmas Films.

By Nathalya Barbosa - December 09, 2016

Oh, Christmas...


Christmas has always being my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong: I also love Halloween (a lot) but here in Brazil we don't have that lovely tradition of dressing up and "trick or treating". So I didn't grow up asking for candies or decorating my house, even though I would have loved to.

But I did grow up doing those things for Christmas, and I think that that made me love it more.
And by loving this holiday so much, I need to admit that unfortunately at least here, the mood is pretty low. I'm not even seeing that much propaganda and decorations. So yep, the crises really got us. Bot how is it going in your country?

Well, all that doesn't mean that we can get into the mood by our self, right? Since I really love movies, I decided to give you my favorite Christmas films, those one that gives you that warm, cozy felling inside.

Those are in, some kind, of favoritism order, but I still have some doubts about where to put each hahahaha.

1- A Christmas Carol - Disney (2009)


Resultado de imagem


This one is definitely my favorite. It is the Disney version of Charles Dickens's "A Christmas Carol", that is such a cute, original and meaningful story. Is about grumpy and greedy old man (that hate Christmas, of course) who's visited by the past, present and future Christmas' ghosts. The goal of such spirits is to change him into a generous, lovely and kind person. The way that they do it though is what really turns this story so interesting.
The animation and scenes are so beautiful, the colors, the characters features, the felling of it.. Ah, just perfect.
Oh, I can't forget to say that Jim Carrey's voice just fitted perfectly to the character!
So that's definitely a must see!


Resultado de imagem
Resultado de imagem
Imagem relacionada
So beautiful.


2- The Nightmare before Christmas (1993)


Imagem relacionada

This one has already a bonus: Is a Tim Burton movie ♥. Is Jack Skellington's story, the skeleton that wanted to bring Christmas to his town "Halloween Town", after seeing the happiness that it brings to people. By doing that, obviously he will face some difficulties and the mistrust of the town's spooky citizens.
By that you can already tell that is a funny, dark (but above all cute) and beautifully made animation. I highly recommend you to watch it!


Resultado de imagem
Imagem relacionada
Imagem relacionada
Resultado de imagem para o estranho mundo de jack elenco
Cute and creepy = Tim Burton


3- The Polar Express (2004)


Imagem relacionada

Well, by now you may have noticed that I'm just a bit into animation movies. 
The Polar Express is a childhood movie, and being so it takes me to past Christmas, that I remember affectionately. I used to see it sooo much when I was a child, and, between us, I'm sure it was because my mom loved it too.
The animation is spectacularly magical and beautiful, the story is cute and the characters are so mysterious and funny! Ah, and Tom Hanks is in six distinct roles , which is also a bonus.
highly recommend it, there's no way you won't be into the holiday mood after watching it.     


Resultado de imagem para the polar express
Resultado de imagem para the polar express
Resultado de imagem para the polar express



4- Miracle on 34th street (1947)


Resultado de imagem para miracle on 34th street

Have you ever had the feeling that you already saw a long time ago, the movie that you are watching? I had that with this one.
It's a classical, is so cute(so cute), that you cant't even handle it: you smile throughout the whole film. It deeply talks about the way we face life and how it can make living harder. 
The plot is really unexpected and original. You are cared away by Kris Kringle, the adorable old man, that you believe in since the beginning of it.
Oh, and it's black and white what gives it an extra charm. 😉


Resultado de imagem para miracle on 34th street
Resultado de imagem para miracle on 34th street
Resultado de imagem para miracle on 34th street
So lovely

5- Deck the halls (2006)


Resultado de imagem para deck the halls movie

If you like to join the family to have good laughs, this is the one! Is about two neighbors that compete against each other to see who's house is more decorated and above all illuminated.
Maybe it sounds boring when I tell you, but it's really funny! And who doesn't like a good comedy during Christmas time? I love it.   

Imagem relacionada
Imagem relacionada
Resultado de imagem

And that's it!

I know that there are a lot of classical Christmas movies that I didn't mention (like Grinch or Home Alone). But I wanted to talk about the ones that really give me that cozy, heart warming Holiday feeling. And if those aren't the ones that you would normally watch, maybe you should give them a try! And when you do, please tell me your thoughts! 

So, have you ever seen one of them?


- hugs,
Nathalya.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. wow! Will watch one of these! Maybe " Miracle on 34th street". thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it! It's a lovely movie! ♥♥ Tell me what you think afterwards!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love Deck the Halls! I remember watching the Polar Express with mum and dad every year for a few years when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is so funny, right? hahahaha
      And Polar Express is definitely my childhood Christmas movie, I watched for years when I was younger too!! ♥
      xx

      Delete
  3. I loveee the polar express. Such a great movie. 🎄

    ReplyDelete